DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR A VISA
- A valid passport for at least six months before expiry date, with at least three blank pages for visa.
- A photo copy of the page bearing your picture in your passport
- Two fully completed visa application forms (for each applicant) provided by the Mission. (You can do photo copies Recto-Verso) available on www.zambiaimmigration.gov.zm.
- Two recent identical passport-size photographs.
- A confirmed travel itinerary from a travel agent or airline; if on business, a confirmation letter from employer or other relevant documents.
- An invitation letter from sponsors in Zambia is required for those invited for both private and business trips.
VISA FEES (General/Tourist)
· CHF 55.00 for transit visa
· CHF 55.00 for single entry visa
· CHF 85.00 for double entry visa
Multiple entry visas shall only be issued at the Immigration Department’s headquarters in Lusaka.
CITIZENS OF COMMONWEALTH COUNTRIES: Citizens of most commonwealth countries do not require visas to enter Zambia. However, because Zambians require visas to enter some commonwealth countries, and in accordance with the principle of reciprocity, citizens of such Commonwealth countries require visas to enter Zambia.
Upon receipt of visa application and fees, issuance of visa takes three working days.
· A visa is valid for a period of three months from the date of issue, unless stated otherwise.
· Applicants are advised to apply for a visa at least two weeks before their intended date of travel departure.
· Visa applications are received in the morning, passports are collected as from 16.00 hrs in the afternoon. · If you are sending your passport by post, please enclose a self-addressed envelop with a postage stamp on it SFr 5.30.- (for registered mail) and include your telephone number in case we need clarification.
· Visa requirements are subject to revision from time to time. It is therefore, advisable to ask for further information in case of uncertainty.