PRESS ACCREDITATION FOR FOREIGN JOURNALISTS IN ZAMBIA
Press Accreditation Application Form (PDF)
- Please send an application letter and Press Accreditation Form to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (Zambia Information Services) which include the following details:
- The News Media Organization you work for
- Your reporting assignment
- Your subject of interview -- if you intend to interview government officials, give the general questions you wish to ask
- Your contact person in Zambia
- The dates of your arrival and stay in Zambia
- A letter from your Editor confirming your reporting assignment
- Passport details of self and accompanying crew
- Three (3) recent passport-size photographs
- One (1) Press Accreditation Form for each journalist
- Send or take with you a list of your photographic and recording equipment (make and serial numbers) for presentation to Customs officials at the Port of Entry.
- As soon as you arrive in Zambia, for your Press Accreditation card, report to:The Director
Zambia Information Services
Mass Media Complex
P.O. Box 50020
Lusaka, ZambiaTel: (2601) 253977 or 251992
Fax: (2601) 251975
(Press Section Contact Officer: Angela Munkombwe)
- To help us provide better service to you and other journalists in future, please tell us about your positive and negative experiences in Zambia upon your return.
- We should appreciate if copies of your published reports or videotapes would be made available to us.
- Please provide a synopsis of the film.
- Indicate the places in Zambia where you would like to shoot the film.
- Do you intend to interview any government officials for the film? If so, give their names and questions.
- Who is your contact in Zambia?
- Give the names and passport particulars (name, nationality, place of birth, date of birth, date of issue of passport and expiration date) of the filming crew going to Zambia.
- When your project is approved:
- Present to Customs officials at the Port of Entry a list of the new equipment (and serial numbers) that you will be temporarily importing into Zambia.
- Report immediately (during working hours) to the Press Section, Zambia Information Services at Mass Media Complex, Alick Nkhata Road, Lusaka at Tel No. 253977, 251992, Contact: Angela Munkombwe.
- Take with you three passport-size photos for your Press Accreditation card.